Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes
Award Number: 25
Boulder , CO 80306
1. Winners must have organized and led an extraordinary service activity which has clearly benefited other people or the planet we share.
2. Winners must have:
a. demonstrated positive spirit, courage, intelligence, generosity, and high moral purpose.
b. shown initiative, tenacity, and unselfishness in pursuit of their goals.
c. accomplished something with inspirational value—something that could inspire others to make a difference.
d. done more than survive a difficult personal challenge. Their heroism must have made an impact on the world beyond themselves.
3. Winners may or may not have received recognition for their heroic work. Fame itself shall not have been a motivating factor.
4. Winners must have participated in their heroic work within the 12 months prior to the nomination deadline of April 15.
5. Winners must be between the ages of 8 and 18 (not yet age 19) on the nomination deadline.
6. Winners must be permanent residents of the U.S.A. or Canada.
7. Winners must be nominated as individuals. The Barron Prize cannot accept nominations from large groups of young people.
Nominees must submit a completed online application (Nomination Packet), available via the Barron Prize website. Nominees can initiate the nomination process, as well as submit their completed packet.
2. Nomination Packets must include a Letter from the Nominator. A nominator is simply an adult advocate who has solid knowledge of the young person’s heroic activities. Examples of nominators include teachers, librarians, school counselors, youth service officials, and religious leaders. 3. Members of the nominee’s family cannot act as nominators nor write letters of reference.
4. Online nomination applications must be completed and submitted by close of the system April 15. The Barron Prize does not accept nominations via fax, email, or any other carrier.
5. Please ensure all pieces of the Nomination Packet are completed before submission.
6. Online nomination applications must be completed in full by 12:00 midnight, MST, on April 15 (our annual deadline).
7. The system will automatically close and lock out applicants after the deadline. When the Prize deadline falls on a weekend, the system will close at midnight, MST, the next business day.