The California Dream Act
California Dream Act (AB540) was signed into law October 12, 2001, authorizes any students, including undocumented students, who meet the following criteria to pay in-state tuition at California’s public colleges and universities.
- Attended a CA high school for 3 or More years.
- Graduated from a CA high or attained the equivalent of a HS diploma.
- Registered or currently be enrolled at a public college/university in CA.
- Filed or will file an affidavit with your college/university.
- May not be a non-immigrant holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa.
Signed into law July 25, 2011, authorizes AB540 students to apply to privately funded scholarships given out by a California public college/university. Effective January 1, 2012.
- Be classified as AB540
- Meet each scholarship’s requirements (this will be implemented by campus).
Signed into law October 8, 2011, authorizes AB540 students to apply for Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver and Cal-Grants. Effective January 1, 2013.
- Be eligible for AB540
- GPA and income requirements as decided by the California Student Aid Commission.
For more information about the California Dream Act, CLICK HERE.