Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship
Award Number: Varies
GPA Required: None
5th Floor, Suite 510
Washington , DC 20003
CHCI's scholarship opportunities are afforded to Latino students in the United States who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future. There is no GPA or academic major requirement. Students with excellent leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
- $1,000 to pursue an associate degree
- $2,500 to pursue an undergraduate degree
- $5,000 to pursue graduate-level study
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
- Full-time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four-year university, or graduate/professional program within the United States and Puerto Rico during the period for which scholarship is requested
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.