Hispanic Community Affairs Council Scholarship
Award Number: Varies according to availability of funds
GPA Required: None
All fields of study
P.O. Box 3151
Hayward , CA 94540
Scholarships are awarded to high school graduates, GED recipients, community college students, students attending a four-year college or university, and students accepted into a postgraduate education or credential program. The scholarships are dedicated to recognizing the Hispanic/Latino culture and the education of Hispanic/Latino students. Community college students will be awarded $750, transfer students $1,500, four-year college students $1,500 and postgraduate students $1,500.
Applicants must be:
- A Hispanic heritage as defined by the U.S. Department of Education;
- A graduating senior, past-year GED recipient, community college student, transferring community college student, student attending a four-year institution, or a student accepted into a post-graduate program or teacher credential program;
- A resident of Alameda County. Applicant must show proof of Alameda County residence (e.g., Alameda County address on application, Alameda County address on 1040 tax forms);
- Plan to attend an accredited community college, university or approved technical or vocational school;
- Community college and university scholarship recipients must be taking in at least six units/credits.
Applicants must submit the application, an essay, tax forms or W2, an official transcript, a school ID, a signed photo/video consent form, and two business-sized self-addressed stamped envelopes. Winners will be determined based on financial need, scholastic record (GPA), essay, and interview. Applications are online.