IREM Foundation Scholarship Program
Award Number: Varies
GPA Required: None
Real Estate and related majors
430 North Michigan Ave
Chicago , IL 60611
Phone: (312) 329-6008
There are four (4) available IREM Foundation Scholarships. The Bette Fears ARM Scholarship is meant to assist recipients with the cost of tuition associated with achieveing the ARM certification. The Donald M. Furbush CPM Scholarship is meant to assist recipients with the cost of tuition associated with achieving the CPM designation. the Diversity Outreach Scholarship is committed to helping the Insitute increase diversity in the real estate management industry and within IREM. The purpose of the Diversity Outreach Scholarship is to assist individuals from underrepresented population gorups with the cost of tuition associated with achieving an IREM credential. Finally, the Paul H. Rittle Sr. Memorial Scholarship is meant to assist recipients with the cost of tuition associated with achieving the ACoM certification.
To qualify for an IREM® Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must meet
one of the two following requirements:
1. Be a current IREM® Member (Academic, ACoM, ARM®, Associate,
CPM® Candidate, CPM®, or Student), be current with annual national
and chapter dues, and express an intent of earning an IREM®
credential (ARM®, ACoM, or CPM®).
2. Be a current employee of an AMO® Firm and express an intent
of earning an IREM® credential (ARM®, ACoM, or CPM®). (Upon
successful completion of the course(s) paid by the scholarship, an
AMO® Firm employee may be eligible for a one-year complimentary
To be considered, a completed scholarship application must include:
• A written statement by the applicant of their intent of earning an
IREM® credential (ARM®, ACoM, CPM®).
• The written statement should also express an interest in and
a commitment to real estate management as a career, and
accomplishments of the applicant that support such commitment. If
the applicant is a member of an underrepresented population group,
the population group in the area where the applicant lives or works
should be described.
• Current resume.
• Letter of support from the local IREM® Chapter president or
designated officer. (To find contact information for local IREM®
Chapters, visit at www.irem.org/chapters)
The selection of scholarship recipients is based on, but not limited to
• Demonstrated commitment to real estate management as evidenced
by employment in the industry.
• Intent of earning an IREM® credential (ARM®, ACoM, CPM®).
• Strength of letter of support from local IREM® Chapter.
• Level of involvement at the chapter and national level.
• Previous IREM® course work completed.